Jaybird Bluebuds X Review



The Jaybird Bluebuds X comes nicely packaged in a style fitting for an active wear type of headphone. Inside is a nice presentation of your Jaybirds and a small carry case for you to store them in, below that is the charging cable and info papers. With these headphones you will also receive 3 sets of in-ear cups and 3 sets of wings in small, medium and large and clips for adjusting the band.

Let’s talk features, the jaybirds come with a built in mic and volume control buttons witch work with both iphone and android devices. With the volume adjust buttons you can navigate through the next and previous songs on your device. The on off button seconds as your pause/play, answer and also access the voice commands. These particular headphones offer you two ways to wear them either over the ear:







Or under the ear:












After I adjusted them just right they fit like a glove with a snug fit into the ear which provides a nice 
barrier to the surrounding sounds. Speaking of sounds I do feel that they have just the right amount 
bass so that the highs and vocals aren’t drowned out. I can easily put the volume low for studying and still be able to hear a good range of the music. When I go biking or running I don’t have to worry about them coming loose and falling off.

With that being said the next question to be answered is about the battery life. When I go about my daily routine I never worried about running out of battery during the day. Jaybird advertise it with an 8-hour battery which I thought was remarkable for the size and it fits into one single earbud. On a consistent level I was getting a bit under the 8-hr mark but when I use it during the day I have no problems with them dying on me.

Though I wish I could say the same for the Bluetooth connectivity…let’s say it has its ins and outs. In an open room with minimal obstructions like walls, windows and etc. you can get a good distance away but a soon as a pillar gets in the way it starts having a bit of a problem. So if you go to gym and want to leave your phone in the locker while you go workout you better be in a very very small building. Otherwise just keep it within earshot of the ringer and you should be good to go.

At the end of the day I enjoy the comfort and after a point it feels like it’s not even there anymore. If you ever have the chance to try them out I would recommend it and if you are in the market for a new pair you should pick them up especially if they are on sale.

They sound amazing, have outstanding battery life and alright range; in a nutshell I love them as my headphone of choice.

Comments

Popular Posts