Anker Battery Review

Let us say my phone’s (Galaxy S4) battery was starting to show its age by not being able to hold charge as it did when I got it (true story), but not quite ready to get a new battery. What is one supposed to do in such a situation? Buy a portable charger of course, like most people that are looking to purchase items I went to Amazon to start the hunt for the best charger I could get my hands on. Naturally I went to the best seller part of amazon and picked one out. Anker offers many different colors and a variety of different battery sizes ranging from 3200 mAh to a cool 256000 mAh battery. For the record I bought a few products over time but I will only be covering one.

I have the 16000mAh battery and on the business end of the device lies one input port so that you can charge it along with two output ports to charge devices simultaneously. Along with the ports sits a mini flashlight in the center below the input port which is controlled by a button on the side of the charger. On the top face is the Anker logo in the corner and in the opposite corner is a set of 4 led lights (I will cover this). All of this contained in a stylish white and grey theme (which I personally like).



Looks are cool and all but if doesn’t work it’s not worth jack. Luckily it does work and I have been using it for the past year or so and have had only one recurring problem with charging my Jaybird Bluebuds X. Now I’m not sure the cause but I’m guessing that either I’m leaving he headphones on while it charges or one of the awesome features of turning its self-off is getting weird with the buds because it doesn’t happen with any other device (I will post if I figure out the problem). With that said its auto off function is really cool and puts me at ease knowing that I won’t run through my battery because I wasn’t paying attention. This function is part of Anker’s IQ technology which allows your charger to take information from your device and determine the maximum charge the device can handle and it applies it if available. The 16000mAh has an output of 3A between the two ports so if your phone is taking 2A then that leaves only 1A left for the other port.



Let’s not forget that this is energy being stored so to keep you safe, so integrated into the circuitry are safe guards like surge and low volt protection among other precautionary measures which you can find on the Anker site. Now depending on the device you want to charge determines how many charges you can get out of the battery. With my S4 I can get an easy 4 cycles from the charger and have room to charge my awesome TI-nspire calculator or whatever else needs the power. As I mentioned before, there are four led indicator lights on the top of the battery which tell you the current capacity. One light indicates 1% to 25%, two lights give you 26% to 50%, and three lights are 51% to 75% and having all four lights means you are in the 76% to 100% range. I also mentioned a flash light, it’s nothing to wow at but can be useful in a pinch and is only on the larger models.




Most people that get a hold of one might be put off by the weight of 10.4 ounces or in the ball park of a 10 inch tablet but worry not if you don’t want one so heavy they do offer smaller sizes and if weight is not an issue like as an emergency charger you leave in the car then I saw go for the bigger storage. The only reason I offer leaving it in the car is because it can keep a charge for a very long time along the lines of at least a month (the longest I’ve gone without using it). At the end of the day I don’t worry about my devices going out on me when I am away from a socket. If you were wondering at all, I can say honestly that I truly appreciate this device so much so that I got some for my family. If you need a one or just want to try out the Anker technology then you can pick up the 3200mAh battery for $9.99 dollars (U.S.) as of the date of this post. Awesome battery technology and awesome charge retention.



Once again Thank You for checking out my blog, if this was awesome for you then please share it and leave a comment. If it was anything less than awesome then leave me a comment and let me know.

Comments

  1. camren bryant..i use gamer theme too..can you help me with how you did your menus so i can do mine thanks....http://ndchime.blogspot.com.ng/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts